Salmon with orange en Papillote
- 2 skinless fillets of salmon
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- 1 tbls dry vermouth
- 2 tbls soy sauce
- 1 tbls grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients for the marinade and put onto stove on medium heat. Simmer till the marinade is reduced by half. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut 4 pieces of baking paper or alfoil large enough to cover each fillet with another 7 cm. border all around. Lightly brush sheets of baking paper with oil.
- Put each salmon fillet in the centre of an oiled square and drizzle with the marinade. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the remaining squares on top of the fillets and fold the edges to form packets. Simply double folding each of the four sided is enough to seal each package. Put the Papillotes onto a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- This can be served on a bed of brown rice or with a simple green salad. Keep an eye on the marinade while it is simmering because at a certain point it reduces very quickly.