Provencal Baked Carrots and Fennel
Here we have a very tasty side dish which transforms simple carrots into a perfect and flavoursome accompaniment to any meal.
By roasting the carrots and fennel, you get these wonderful caramelised vegetables, which make you wonder why you ever boil or steam vegetables when you have a bit of time to prepare them.
- 1 kg of small carrots or slice big ones lengthwise.
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into thin wedges
- Half of a lemon thinly sliced
- 110 gr olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (be generous with the salt) and if possible use salt flakes
- 3 tsp coriander flakes (or ground coriander)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- Basil for garnish