Fennel, Fetta and Pomegranate Salad
Fennel is a versatile vegetable used in many areas of cooking. Many famous French soups include fennel.
Here we have a crisp, colourful and flavoursome salad which is very inviting when you see it. The brightness of the pomegranate lights up this beautiful salad.
The ancient Romans used to chew fennel stalks believing that it would control obesity, but the modern day theory is that it is very good for heart health.
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced finely (I use a mandolin)
- 3 tblsp tarragon leaves, fresh are best, but dry are fine
- 2 tblsp light olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tblsp chopped parsley
- 80 gr fetta cheese
- Lemon scented thyme, 3 sprigs
- Pinch of salt, and pepper