Provence: Sweet Potato with Walnuts and Herbs de Provence
- 600gr sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 2cm pieces
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 3 shallots
- 1 tblsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tblsp herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 50gr crushed walnuts
- 75gr butter (softened)
- 70gr plain flour
- 40gr grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tblsp chopped parsley
Herbs de Provence
Combine equal parts of dried basil, thyme, rosemary, savory and marjoram.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Toss the potatoes with shallots, herbs, salt and pepper in the olive oil and place onto the baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and put the potato mixture into either ramekins or into a greased large ceramic oven proof dish.
- Combine all the ingredients for the walnut topping and sprinkle over the sweet potatoes. Bake for another 30 minutes or until topping is golden in colour.
- Gluten Free flour can be used very successfully in this recipe.
- It may take a few minutes longer to prepare your sweet potato this way, but it is well worth the effort. A very tasty side dish which brings new life into a sweet potato.