Provence: Provencal Roasted Fennel and Olive Salad
A totally delicious warm salad to have with any meal. This dish is very quick to assemble and the flavours are amazing.
- 3 medium size fennel bulbs
- 2 shallots
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup black pitted olives
- 1/4 cup green pitted olives (a few could be left whole)
- Salt and pepper
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- 1 tblsp fresh thyme (or half tblsp of dried)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Lay baking paper onto a baking tray.
- Remove top and bottom from fennel bulbs and slice vertically into segments, leaving the core intact.
- Toss the fennel with all ingredients, except olives, in a bowl with the oil.
- Place these ingredients onto baking tray and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- Gently turn the fennel and add the olives, then roast for another 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve it up in a heat proof dish.