Provence: Provencal Cauliflower with Chick Peas
Here we have a tasty recipe, which even those who don’t like cauliflower, are amazed at the flavours and texture of this side dish.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 can of chick peas (400gr)
- 1 tblsp herbs de Provence
- A good grinding of black pepper
- 2 tsp good quality sea salt (I use Murray River salt flakes)
- 1 clove of crushed garlic or a sprinkle of garlic powder
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the cauliflower up into small florets. Wash and drain the can of chick peas.
- Put cauliflower and chick peas on the oven tray, add herbs, salt and pepper. Toss all these ingredients in olive oil and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes. After this time, give the ingredients a toss and place in the oven for another 10 minutes. By now the cauliflower should be a bit burnt on the edges and the chick peas a bit crunchy.
- This is a superb side dish which takes no time to assemble and is so full of flavour. It’s worth giving it a try.