Chicken and Almond Salad (Salade de Poulet aux Amandes)
Salade de Poulet aux Amandes is made with chicken and slivered almonds which have been lightly toasted. It is a great combination of flavours and a healthy French salad which is wonderfully fresh and appetising.
- A handful of slivered almonds
- 100gr baby spinach or watercress (for this recipe I used baby spinach)
- 2 sticks of celery chopped into small pieces
- 450 gr cooked chicken cut into thin strips – (for this I sliced a chicken breast and fried it using a non-stick pan)
- Juice of half an orange
- 1 tblsp chopped capers
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- Place the slivered almonds into a frying pan and toast them till lightly browned
- Place watercress or baby spinach into a bowl, add the celery, capers, then add the chicken.
- Squeeze the juice of the orange into the mayonnaise, whisk it and add the salt and pepper. Pour the mayonnaise dressing over the salad and toss lightly. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- If you want a lift in colour, you could maybe add cherry tomatoes.
- And there you have it – a healthy chicken salad which is very quick and easy to put together.