- Half kilo cooked and cubed beetroot
- 1 cup yoghurt - I used Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbls minced shallots
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbls dill
- Combine the beetroot and yoghurt and blend well.
- Add shallots, cumin and garlic, season with salt and pepper and blend a bit more .Once again I used Murray River Salt Flakes.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve chilled. This can be made in advance and served straight from the fridge with the dill garnish added at the last minute.
- It can also be served hot with a swirl of sour cream through it, this comes down to personal preference. Either way is delicious. This might be a way of using up some of the beetroot you are picking from your garden and want to try something different.
Serves 4 people